Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Adventures in Baby Wearing!

I am probably not your typical 17 year old! I have been through just about everything when it comes to taking care of a baby! I will probably have experienced it all by the time I'm a mommy, if I haven't already! I have gotten many wonderful experiences in my years of baby sitting! When I lived in St John, I got the wonderful chance to baby sit for 6 wonderful kids, whom I claim as my siblings and call their mom, "mom" She has been like a 2nd mom to me and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her! We have been through a lot together and I have gotten to watch "my siblings" grow up! Which is an amazing experience! I was there when Isaiah ( now 2) was born, and got to watch him grow from a tiny new born, to a very active, very ourney, but loving toddler! I even got to be their for the ultrasound when we found out that Miss Hannah was a girl!! Talk about an amazing experience! 
I have also gotten a wonderful education in Baby wearing!!
I have learned a lot and am still continuing to lean a lot!
It has saved the day MANY MANY times! My "other mom" has this very neat baby carrier called the Mei Tie, It is the coolest baby carrier EVER!. You can front carry either facing in or out,back carry ( my personal favorite for toddlers) and hip carry.
If you are looking for a comfortable, multiple ways to use, cute baby carrier, This is the one to use!!!
It is a very light carrier, so you just have the weight of the baby and is very convenient to take places, you can just throw it in either the diaper bag ( if you have a good size one) or the bottom of the stroller. Betty has made several of them, and having 2 of them at the home school conference last year made for a easier weekend. We could both have one and pretty much had either a toddler on our backs or a baby strapped to the front of us all weekend! She padded her straps so it didn't rub after a while like some carriers do!  It has saved the day MANY MANY TIMES!!!...Like when your toddler  is teething and fussy or just wants held, your able to have your baby close to you and you can still be hands free and able to get things done!

I have used it numerous places like,
Home school conference ( I'm sure I'll do it again a lot of this years 2)
The Zoo
Shopping
Fine arts
Track meet
Just on walks around the house
Just being outside with the kiddo's/playing soccer with kiddo's
Just around the house
VBS
Vbs decorating
and lots of other places


As most of you know, I have a full time baby sitting job for 2 little girls, ages 5 and 18 months. Betty loaned me one of her mei tie for me to use with Lakyn when needed and it has come in VERY Handy MANY TIMES! There has been days when she has been in a wants to be held mood and I needed to get stuff done, I can back pack her and she is content being held and I'm able to get dishes done, play with Ryann, Fold laundry,  do laundry or just whatever needs done!
I have even been known to use it on days when she is over tired but wont go down, I'll front pack her and she is normally out within 10 to 15 minutes.
I used it last year at Fine arts, It allowed me to have her close and still have both free hands to keep hold on Ryann!
State testing last year when Ry wanted to be outside and lakyn wanted held, and different places like that!! I don't know what
I'd do without it!! I am definitely sold on it!!! 
I used it today and Lakyn was wanting to be held and I needed both hands free, and having her on your back makes it even more convenient because you don't have the bulkiness of having the carrier on your front! We have our annual fine arts coming up, and even though I'm not participating, bible bowl still serves lunch as a fundraiser so I'll probably more then likely back pack lakyn so I can have her right there with me and still able to work and have both hands free! The track meet is also coming up and when I'm not competing I'll probably back pack her some, easiest way to keep track of a active 18 mo and still have 2 hands free to keep tabs on an active 5 yo, that is always competing in the track meet! 
It has made trips like to walmart, target and places like that, SO much easier, especially when all the sickness was SO bad, I didn't have to worry so much about her touching something and then getting sick since she was strapped to my back the whole time!.
It has made trips to the ZOO, park..etc..so much easier and a whole lot more enjoyable! 


I'll more then likely have more to post about baby wearing in the future, but for now this is it!!..If you have any questions or concerns about baby wearing, please don't hesitate to ask! If I can't answer your question, I know someone who can! ;o)


Here are a few pictures of my times in Baby wearing 
                   Me with Isaiah last summer
        Me and Lakyn at the zoo! At this point she was grumpy,tired, hot and thirsty and not in the best mood! I'll try to get one of her smiling when shes in a better mood and repost it!
I'm going to post more pictures as they come available!

                      HAPPY BABY WEARING!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment