Monday, April 5, 2010

Active and loving it!

 I've always been pretty active! I enjoy most sports, Soccer, track, Volley ball, etc.
When we lived in St John I really didn't get much chance to do any sports and I missed it!

  In November of 08, we moved back to Garden! It was an adjustment being back after being gone for not quite 4 years!  We jumped right back into the big home school group and they all welcomed us back with open arms!

I was excited about being back in the big group that did sports! They had the track meet and soccer tournament once a year! We also did PE once a week at Coop!  We had the best PE coach ever!!!! She was fun, out going, and a blast to be around! She turned something that most people dread into something that we ALL looked forward to every week! I also became good friends with her daughter and we started doing sport related things together, along with other things! ;o) I had always thought that Volly Ball looked fun but had never really gotten the chance to play, that is until several months ago when my best friend asked me to play with her and her mom, dad, and several other people! I was hesitant at first! I really didn't know what I was doing and didn't want to make a fool of my self!  Finally after lots of convincing, she talked me into it! That was the best 6 or 8 ( cant remember for sure)weeks of my life!! I learned a lot and had a blast doing it!!! 
 I miss playing and hope to get the chance to again SOON!!  Thanks to this same friend, I also got the chance to play tennis!! I had always thought it looked like fun but never got the chance!!!! that is some of the most fun I've ever had!!! Can't wait to play again, now that it's getting warmer out and staying light longer.
 We also here recently started track! I about didn't do it due to some things that happend but decided to go ahead and try! I am very glad I did!! It has been a great way to get in shape and have a pretty good time doing it!  It has also motivated me to start running on my own! I have felt a lot better since I've started running! Though it still kills me to run more then once around the track, I'm getting there and It's becoming easier!! I love running and just about can't get enough of it! Me and a good friend hope to start getting the chance to run together some this spring/summer!!! It makes it much more enjoyable when your running with somebody, especially your best friend! ;o)  It always is a great way to vent anger or just think and clear your head! Even spend some personal one on one time with your heavenly father!  I can't describe the feeling I get during and after I run! It's a like a release from anything and everything that might have happend that day! 
We had track practice today, and though I  am definitely feeling it tonight and will for a few days! It was great!! I got the chance to catch up with a friend and get some great exercise at the same time! Yes I am tired, and yes I am sore but I also feel the best after I run! 

 We're  going to Colorado this weekend to see dads side of the family, and I'm hoping to get the chance to run in the open country! I love running in town but there's  nothing like getting to run in the middle of no where once in a while. 



I'm also looking forward to getting to swim this summer and get some exercise that way! That allows me to get a great workout and also spend some great time with the kiddo's!  


You don't just have to run to get in shape either!! Walking is just as much effective and you can talk easier when you walk, rather then run if your with a friend! 

 Even playing tag or soccer or anything like that with your kiddo's outside,  or maybe go the the Zoo or park. There's many ways to be and stay active and have a blast doing it!! If  your doing something with your kid's that helps me to be and stay active as well! I know from first hand what a couch potato can be like and It's not good! My 5 yo that I watch would much rather watch Tv, play her DS, or play on the computer then go do something active outside! I've had to make her several times and though me she might through a fit, once she gets outside she has an absolute blast, whether It's riding her bike, me swinging her, playing a game of tag, or soccer. Either way we always have a ton of fun and I just about can't make her come inside when It's time to come inside!!  Her baby sister on the other hand is a different story! She can't get enough time outside and will throw an absolute fit when It's time to come inside, and don't you dare try to bring her inside before everybody else! I have a feeling we will be spending 80 to 90% of the summer outside!  


Though I my self am not much of an outside person, I'm getting better and getting to the point where I prefer to be outside when it's nice out, rather then be inside!   


I'm sure I will have tons more to write as the summer goes on! But for know this is it!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!!
If you have any idea's you'd like to share! please leave a comment or facebook me :) 
                                             200 meter dash!
Long Jump
                                               
                                     Just after playing soccer with the older kiddo's!!
I don't have any of actually playing or I would of posted those!!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog and learning more about you! :) You are a great inspiration to my nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Elaine!!!!! Glad your enjoying it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete